11.20.2009

Nanchaku


It's 11.30 in the night. I glance at my Nanchaku(Nanchaku is a traditional weapon of the Kobudo weapons set and consists of two sticks connected at their ends with a short chain or rope.). My thoughts run back in time.

I learnt Nanchaku when I was in BE second year. This was part of martial arts class under a senior called Nanda Kumar. Around three of the students would report to him every sunday early morning. He taught most practical martial arts. One that is relevant to street fight. We enjoyed it.

I bought this Nanchaku at that time. Still it is with me. I practice whenever I get time. Some of my friends when they visit me are surprised that I can use it so fluently. But my martial arts has been more towards disciplining myself. Never would I use it show off or form of violence.

No comments: